Georgia APCO is a chapter of the Associated Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International, which is an international organization whose mission is to:
- Foster the development and progress of the art of public safety communications by means of research, planning, training and education;
- Promote cooperation between towns, cities, counties, states, and federal public safety agencies in the area of communications;
- Represent its members before communications regulatory agencies and policy-making bodies as may be appropriate; and through its efforts strive toward the end that the safety of human life, the protection of property and the civic welfare are benefited to the utmost degree; and
- Aid and assist in the rapid and accurate collection, exchange and dissemination of information relating to emergencies and other vital public safety function.
Our membership includes:
- 911 Directors
- Assistant Directors
- Communications Officers
- Training Officers
- CAD Managers
- Radio Technicians
As a member of APCO International, you are an important part of the strongest network of public safety communications professionals in the world. Your experience, knowledge, and expertise, combined with that of our other members, helps all of us achieve our goal of excellence in public safety communications.
As a member of the Georgia Chapter of APCO, you will enjoy the benefits of:
- Public Safety Communications – a magazine published monthly by APCO International
- Training Conferences – held twice annually (Spring and Fall)